My life here

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I’ve been here for a two month period of development internship through AIESEC, the world’s largest non-governmental student organization. My work here is to complete the communication works of one of their project named UniCLab. The purpose of UniCLab is to offer the local students an opportunity to put their business knowledge into practice and also to help the local enterprises with their development. I, with another intern Rafael who is a smart Brazilian guy, am in charge of the communication work, such as creating website, wiki and all promotion materials of the project.



In fact I used to do this kind of works in the past especially for my association of PRSCUT. But now, when I have a lot of time and start to think about how to promote a new brand or a so-called “product” to a new market here, things seems more challengeable. But as a student of a communication faculty, this case also means a chance for me to understand my study better.




About my life here, I hope I can find a word more accurate than “enjoyable” to describe it. I enjoy my life here not only because of the good living conditions especially this quite comfortable small city, but also for everyone I met here. I can remember some of my most enjoyable moments here.



One is outside my room door in Golgi. On the second day I arrived there, I met some problems with my lock. And when I was worried about it, a girl from my neighbor came to me and helped me with it. Though this Italian girl can’t speak English, I can also feel her kind heart through her smiling face and gestures.



The other time is in Nick’s room, a Italian guy who have stepped on more than 10 counties’ land of the world. He invited me and Rafa for a dinner after the country presentation. We had a simple but nice dinner of pasta. After that we, one Italian, one Brazilian and one Chinese, talked a lot from our three countries’ university education to each cities’ character that we’ve ever travelled before. From Roma to New York, from Madrid to Hongkong, from Philippines to San Paulo, from Romania to Cuba, I tried to know the world in a new angle as if I had gone with them to start a world trip.





What’s more, there was one time that Francesca invited us for a dinner with her family. Though we can’t communicate with her parents very well, the laugh that they expressed by heart, the dishes they prepared elaborately and even their old photos they took in their hometown, all of these remind me of my family. Maybe the custom or the food differs from China to Italy, but the love filled in every home is the same.




I think these moments I can’t experience in a ordinary tour. But these kind people I met here, and also with these fantastic life I saw from them, are the most meaningful and enjoyable things to me.



0 comments: